Eligibility for participation in the program is determined through an assessment with the Department of Human Services. Assessment can be arranged through MWLFS or Centrelink.
- Aged between 14-65 years of age.
- Be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per week.
- Be an Australian resident.
- Not studying full time.
- Require ongoing support to maintain employment or require a productivity based wage.
- Have a permanent or likely to be permanent disability or health condition.
Job seekers Feedback
I never thought that I would get a job but MWLFS helped me to start my career with an admin trainee-ship. Now, 9 years later, I have a job that I love, increased duties & responsibilities and loving what I do.
I have always been interested in working in a florist. The training and work experience I did paid off and I now have a great job where I get to do the thing that I love most. The best part of my week is going to work.
I am very grateful to the staff at MWLFS for helping me to find a job. Since I started work back in October I have felt more positive about myself and life in general. It feels good to know that I’m contributing to the community and it also feels good to have a little more money in my pocket. The training that was suggested help me to gain the confidence to know that I can do the job.