Transition to Work is for young people aged 15 to 24 years, who live in Maitland, Cessnock & Kurri Kurri. The service is targeted at early school leavers and young people who have experienced difficulty transitioning from education to employment and you don’t need to be receiving income support to participate in this service. More information about eligibility is at https://www.jobs.gov.au/transition-work.
Our staff are experienced in working to identify and break down the barriers to finding a job and to enable you to achieve your vocational goals. We will work with you to improve your skills, develop your work readiness and help you into work or education.
We will contact you within 24 hours of receiving a referral and arrange a meeting with you at one of our offices where you will be assigned a Youth Support Mentor who will work with you to develop an understanding of what your goals are and provide support for you to get a job. At Mai-Wel we want to know who you are, what you’re interested in and what motivates you – why not give us a call or submit a contact form to find out more!
Transition to Work Results
Mai-Wel LabourForce Solutions provide individuals with suitable employment for 25 years. We are the industry specialist recruiters and have higher than average employment retention rates. Some stats were proud to hold include:
- 764 job placements and counting including…
- 102 jobs in hospitality
- 104 jobs in retail
- 38 jobs in construction
- 26 jobs in community services
Transition to Work Eligibility
To be eligible for our Youth Employment Program, you must be:
- Aged 15 – 24 years old.
- Looking for work or wanting to explore training options.
- Australian Citizen or permanent visa holder, or New Zealand Specialty Category visa, or Nominated visa (including Temporary Protection or Safe Haven visa)
- Living in the Maitland, Cessnock or Kurri Kurri Local Government Areas.
- Currently unemployed or working less than eight hours per week and not enrolled in secondary education, or enrolled in secondary education but have not attended for a period of 13 weeks.
Eligibility will also depend on a young person’s circumstances, including whether the young person:
- Has been awarded a Year 12 Certificate or Certificate III
- Has been employed within the last six months
- Receives an income support payment such as Youth Allowance
- Is currently participating in another employment service including Jobactive
Other eligibility criteria apply. If you do not fit some of the above criteria but would still like to check your eligibility, contact us today to find out more!